Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Valentine Tribute


'Twas the night before Valentine's and all through Walmart,
the masses were stirring - last minute shopping, no doubt.
The Beef and I waded through the crowds with great care,
knowing that check out would be more than a nightmare.
Candy hearts, chocolates and cards in disarray,
due to the late coming myriad today.
All this last minute Valentining leaves me frantic,
"Plan ahead, plan ahead!" was my cry most tantric.

"I just want some soup," I thought most frustrated,
procrastination makes this crowd seem too over rated.

Now we'll have to stand in line for 30 minutes!

"This is like Christmas!" Beef said in disbelief,
and we both stood in line feeling all too well the defeat.

We checked out our soup, chocolate and anti-freeze
and walked out of the store feeling much more at ease.
What is the moral of this little ditty?
"Those who wait to buy their Valentine gifts leave much to pitty."




3 comments:

Scott said...

Ummmmm, I'll finish reading this after I make a quick run to WalMart ;-)

Demosthenes said...

Ram this is like your best stuff EVER!

I had the best Valentine's date one year when my gf said she wanted to play basketball for our big date. Well we did want to go out to a nice restaraunt first so I, in a rare moment of lucidity, realized the need to make reservations in advance for what was at the time called Oxford Street. So I went by and asked my former bball coach if I could borrow the key to the gym and he let me have it and we went on our date.

When we got to Oxford street there were couples coming in by the dozen to just show up for dinner and the Matr'D had to tell all of them that they were only accepting those with reservations. The worst thing was who should I see there among the disappointed dimwits who didn't plan ahead - my former coach! I felt bad for him, but hey, do whatcha gotta do man.

Demosthenes said...

Ok everybody, honk if you miss Ram!

Geez. It's not like you have anything better to do that post for cryin out loud. j/k

Hope your preparations are going well.