Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Anyone have any germicide?

One of my prospective clients brought me a set of their face care. It's a four or six step thing. I won't name the company, but they're pretty well know. She brings me this set (a $300 value) and a little bag with samples of shampoo and conditioner and some sample body wash. The $300 set was not in samples. It was in it's original containers, just like you would receive if you were to buy the products. She said that me or my boss, whichever, could try it.

I took the products home. Have used them for a week. I get an email yesterday from the said prospect and she asked me when she could pick up the set. Let me say that I was more than a little shocked. She didn't tell me last week she was going to pick it up! Why now? I've USED it. The more I think about it, the more it grosses me out. How many other women has she given that to for the purposes of "trying." Typically when someone gives you something to try they give you samples. Since she didn't, I thought it was a sort of gift or something. She brought several things that day and she never mentioned picking it up again.

UH. Seriously, how many other people have stuck their fingers into that pot of night cream... SICK. It makes me SICK to think about. Mark says I should tell her I thought it was to keep and that it grosses me out that who knows how many other people she's given it to try.

What do you guys think about all this?

5 comments:

Demosthenes said...

I think I respect your husband more every time you talk about him. :) He's right. You aughtta put a stop to that crap. It's dangerous really.

GreatBeefalo said...

well, at least its not a home colonic cleansing kit.

rambouillet said...

Demo - he's pretty dang fabulous.

Beef - THANK goodness.

Discom - YUP!

Scott said...

Can I borrow your toothbrush? I just wanna try it out.

Beverly said...

ummm..okay..when you got the set did it looked like it had been used?...
This cannot be happening..really I would call her on it..or have her try some in front of you (hey,show me how to put this lotion on) then after she has put some on explain about your rare skin disease..