Monday, May 01, 2006

Fears for the hour of 10:00 am

* That the snot I keep blasting all over my keyboard will cause it to malfunction... then'd I'd have to tell my boss why it malfunctioned and that would be embarassing.

* That I'll never get into grad school.

* That I'll have to take the GRE again... oh it makes me ill to think about.

* That no matter what I'm doing I feel people see me as being a "drag," a no-fun party pooper.

* That the pretty sun star Mark and I bought at Easter (sitting on the kitchen bar) will wither and die.

* That if I do get into grad school I'll never see Mark he'll runaway with someone else (and I would die of hearthache... I think I really would).

* That I'm going to get caught being unproductive.

* That I'll have to take the GRE again.

* That Sidney will forget who I am.

* That I'll never catch up on sleep.

* That I'll be stuck at this lame job for the rest of my life... oh the horror.

* That God sees me as being one who runs... one who is appreciative but one lacking in faith. One that doesn't pray or read His Word enough. One who is luke warm.

11 comments:

GreatBeefalo said...

Sydneys not smart enough to forget who you are. Her little brain can only have one thought at a time, and its usually "RAM RAM RAM FOOD RAM RAM"....

rambouillet said...

Hey!!! She's smarter than that:
"RAM RAM JON MARK RAM RAM FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! RAM RAM MARK JON RAM RAM FOOOOOOOOOOD!!!"

She can't decided which of you she likes better and she doesn't want to play favorites. ;)

Demosthenes said...

I understand the sentiments of this post. Believe me you are not alone in having these kinds of days! It will pass. You will get into grad school. Your husband will still love you. You will get a better job. Sydney will not forget you. You will not have to take the GRE again. No one thinks you're a drag. You might get caught being unproductive, but in the end, who cares. They know where they can stick your job.

Just some of my thoughts to your thoughts.

rambouillet said...

Thanks Demo! :) it's good to hear from you... it's been awhile.

Scott said...

Here's the deal - God sees you through the blood of Christ, so you'll be just fine ;-)

Your worry about parties reminds me of Lucille Ball's commercial for "Vitameatavegimen"...

"Are you unpoopular? Do you pop out at parties???"

Hey, your word verification is wheelchair accessible like Ed's. What's going on???

Katie said...

hi friend! sorry i was slow in responding! come see me at allpackedandreadytogo.blogspot.com

Beverly said...

Peter..God's own disciple who was so quick to cut off a guard's ear couldn't stand up for Jesus among his peers...it always gets me when it says the cock crowed and Jesus looked at Peter...that is just heartbreaking..we are all human..The pharisees knew the scripture but missed out on matters of the heart. While it is amazingly helpful to read the Bible..He asks us to reach out our hand to someone..that is what I ask myself..Did I reach out my hand to someone today?
You are precious in his sight..I promise you that! Sweetheart, favorite..there will always be worries..take it easy..

Beverly said...

hey..i downloaded firefox like blondie said and you blog looks perfect now!

Scott said...

NOW WAIT A DANG MINUTE!!!!! I've been preaching the virtues of Firefox lo these many MANY months, but when BLONDIE suggests you change browsers...why then your all, "Hey, that's a good idea I never heard of!"

Retarts.

Beverly said...

sorry, Scott..I missed that sermon..

Scott said...

;-)

I like how my Kermie icon can look different depending upon what tone I'm using. He can look sarcastic in a sarcastic comment, sweet in a sweet comment, and in the last one, it looks like he has his hands on his waist like he's really ticked off. Kermit rocks the hizzouse.