Thursday, May 25, 2006

Uncle Tim & Grover



Grover has always been my favorite sesame Street character. He's the sweetest goober I know (ok, with the exception of Mark). Anywho, looking at Grover makes me happy. I know Scott had that plush of Kermit... I need a plush of Grover. That's a worthy investment.

When thinking about Grover I can't help but think about my Uncle Tim. He used to red us "the Grover book" as we called it, when we would stay at our grandparent's house in Amarillo. He could sound just like Grover. What amazing talent! *wink*

Tim's physical body gave way four years ago this summer due to a disease he struggled with since his birth (but you'd never know it cause he never complained). I know he is exceptionally happy where he is and I wouldn't wish him anything else. I do, however, miss him tremendously. The whole family is going to be in Arizona... everyone except Tim. I just thougth about it a few minutes ago.

So here's a pic of my all-time favorite muppet (serious, if i find Grover shirts, I buy them cause they're a rarity). May his glottal fried, unkempt furry-blue self make your day as well.

18 comments:

Demosthenes said...

You know something, it really did make my day. Kinda sad, but true. Thank you!

rambouillet said...

Isn't he irresitibly pleasant and warm??!?! He's like home. I love him! Glad he was able to make your day! ;)

Beverly said...

aww..if I see a grover I am on it..you made me cry..that is so sweet..

GreatBeefalo said...

so yeah, irony strikes again! Tim and I are the only ones not in attendance, sort of like when I got stuck in Amarillo and it was just me and Tim for like 3 weeks. Good times, they were.

Candy said...

I love Grover. Isn't he the one who told about the "Monster at the End of This Book"?

Demosthenes said...

YES! The Monster at the End of the Book! Oh my goodness. What a great childhood memory you have just revived in me Candy! Thank you thank you thank you! I know that sounds crazy, but I had forgotten all about that and my dad used to read that story to me as a kid and now suddenly I remember it so vividly the WAY he would read it to me. Wow, this post keeps getting better with every comment. Now I'm the one almost crying.

Candy said...

you're welcome - it was one of my favorites too! only I was reading it to my now 14 year old. suddenly i'm feeling kinda oldish. ok, i'm over it!

Beverly said...

well..there you go that explains it..or me..I don't know about the "monster at the end of the book"..this may be the missing link to my messed up disfunctionalism!!!

Scott said...

OK, you MUST change your pic to Grover. It'd make up for dissing me ;-)

happytheman said...

Thanks Ram for sharing.

Beverly said...

I miss you Ram..where are you?

rambouillet said...

Wow, thanks everyone for the great comments and stories! It's funny that the posts you don't think will go over well do.

Oh and Bev, I'm back! We were on vacation with the family but we're back in civilization now (which isn't necessarily a good thing).

marrie said...

I have a shirt that says, "This is a job for Super Grover" and it shows him with a cape flying through the air.

I think it is in my good will bag though, hey, do you want it?

Beverly said...

yay..I am glad you are back with us!

rambouillet said...

Marrie - YES I WOULD LOOOOOOOVE TO HAVE THE GROVER SHIRT!!!!! That would ROCK!!!

Beverly said...

awww..Grover is your icon now..

Demosthenes said...

Admit it, you're just trying to see how many comments you can get on this one post before finally posting something new! Well it's not going to work I tell you. Wait. Oh crap. Nevermind.

Frustrated Writer said...

Tim totally rocked. Great post and grover suits you.