Tuesday, June 27, 2006

'Cuss I want to

Some people just cuss well, ya know? It's funnier to me when certain people say certain cuss words. For instance, my Great Aunt Virda could cuss better than anyone I know and it was a riot! When she said the word "shit" it was the best... she always had the greatest look on her face when she said it too. Oh mercy it was hilarious!!! I'm laughing right now, I can't help it - it's funny!

I find myself thinking of things like this periodically. They make my heart sing and cry all at the same time. I don't know when I'll be able to drink a limeade from Braums again. My bro and I would bring her Frosty's from Wendy's and limeades from Braums. I used to lay in her hospital bed with her. Our last great fling together she asked me if I wanted to climb into the hospital bed with her. Well, being that we were at the hospital's hospital bed and not the hospital bed at the house we opted that it would be wise for me to stay in my uncomfortable chair. We really would have had that place in a mess! I cried when I hugged her neck before I left that day. I think part of me realized it was probably the last time - and from her reaction I think she thought so as well.

I think part of my melancholy mood lately can be attributed to the fact that one of my best friends isn't here to share the joys (as well as pains) of life. However, I know she is in a much better place... feeling much better. No tears there, no pain or sorrow. Only pure joy. I will not revel in my selfishness. But man, days like today I just miss the heck out of her.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

The amazing power of love...
I read a book once called Hinds Feet on High Places..hope i havent mentioned this before..anyway the Good Shepherd was going to put love in the mt. goat's heart. Well, when he did it was painful and the mt. goat asked the good shepherd why was something so wonderful, painful..He said, "Where there is love there is also pain."
So you are alive today feeling something that is amazing ..you loved someone so much that you miss their presence in your life..and that my little favorite if powerful..!

Frustrated Writer said...

you hit the blessings/curses of good friendships and relationships. They make us soar while we have them and ache like hell when they are gone (oops, I cussed...excuse me, okay?). Excellent post!

rambouillet said...

Thanks for the comments guys!

Bev, I haven't read that book but it has been recommended to me many times.

Writer - I'm SOOOOO glad you're back!!! Ditto to your soar and hurt like hell comment. :)