Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Priests

I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by the Priest family (a family from my hometown) if you would pray fervently for them.

Three years ago yesterday, their son died. It was a strange situation. He was infected by some sort of bacteria or virus and died very quickly. They never really knew why. My brothers and parents knew this family because of their association with the Boy Scouts of America.

Yesterday, Mr. Priest arrived home (I'm sure with heavy things already on his mind) to find his wife dead. They are pretty sure it was suicide... I don't know any more details than that.

The idea that there are so many hurting people in the world has been heavy on my mind for several days now. There are people who are tormented daily by things we cannot (and I'm sure would not want to) see. I prayed so hard last night and this morning that there would be extra angels sent to comfort and protect Mr. Priest.

We are all in this war, these daily spiritual battles... the sad thing is most of us don't even realize it.

No comments: