Friday, April 28, 2006

"Neighborhood Hottie" (as deemed by Scott)

On the way to grab some dinner I told Mark the story about Red Jersey telling me I was hot. He thought it was funny and then went on for a minute or so about "I've been tellin' you baby!" and whatnot. Sheesh. Anyway, we went to eat at a BBQ place in Garland on a gift certificate. Yeee haw. It was yummy and, being that I lost my appetite when the topic of discussion turned to grad school acceptance and moving closer to Denton, I now have left overs for lunch. Yea!

We drove up to the apartment after dinner and parked the car.

Upon getting out of the car, he pauses to say:
"Hold on a second, we have to give you a proper entrance."

?????????

"What?!?"

So my husband (unabashed as he is) proceeds to "give me proper entrance."

"Excuse me, could I have eveyone's attention... hey everybody, if you'll please look this way... the hottie is here."

He carried on like that until we got in the house (which proved challenging since I was running for the door and HE had the keys.)

Good grief. Now I have a reputation to keep up... ;)

3 comments:

Beverly said...

ha ha ha..that's so cool!!

happytheman said...

Now there is a real man.

Scott said...

i TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!

Man, I laughed hard at that one!