Friday, January 06, 2006

Double Take

empty fish tank
re-gifting, indian-giving
re-covered couches left on the curb
that ambiguous look on your face, in your eyes -
the whole of it running through your body, every nerve
flowing from every orifice
simultaneous contradictions - I want to beat it out and make love to it all at once
so high strung with emotions & the lack thereof
this necessity of physical release
Exhaustion.
the disregard
the disappointment
And it's overwhelming.

words so easily spoken so easily
forgotten
flabbergasted by your impenetrable, confounding ways

this anniversary of failure plagues me so
happiness is momentary
until I remember -
Grief.
because I could have done more, done less
Hate.
because I don't care - but I do
Isolation.
because there are few who get it

is there any redemption?


And Then You.

No comments: