Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Only in my Dreams*

Been having crazy dreams lately. Just for kicks I looked up some of what's been in my dreams on an online dream interpreter database. Here's what it told me about the following elements of my dreams:


"War
To dream of a war, signifies disorder and chaos in your personal affairs. You also be experiencing some internal conflict or emotional struggle. You are feeling torn between aspects of yourself. Perhaps the dream may indicate that you are being overly aggressive or you are not being assertive enough.

Killing
To dream that you killed someone, forewarns that heavy stress may cause you to lose your temper and self-control. Identity the characteristics of the person that you have killed and ask yourself if you feel any rage towards this person in your waking life. You may be expressing some rage or hatred toward this person.
To dream that you have been killed, suggests that your actions are disconnected from your emotions.
This dream may also represent a part of you or your life that you wish would leave you alone and stop creating a nuisance. Killing may represent the killing off of old parts of yourself and old habits.


Blood
To see blood in your dream, represents life, love, and passion as well as disappointments. If you see the word "blood" written in your dream, then it may refer to some situation in your life that is permanent and cannot be changed.
To dream that you are bleeding or losing blood, signifies that you are suffering from exhaustion or that you are feeling emotionally drained. It may also denote bitter confrontations between you and your friends. Your past actions has come back to haunt you. Women often dream of blood or of someone bleeding shortly before or during their periods and when they are pregnant.
To dream that you are drinking blood, indicates that you have a fresh burst of vitality and power."


I think I may write one my recent dreams down. It was kinda crazy.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Hey, is the post-title from Debbie Gibson? Am I Mr. Freaky that I know Debbie Gibson songs???

I often have the most bizarre dreams - I'm not as brave as you are to discover what they might mean. I'd rather that the "axe murderer" identity would sneak up on me, instead.

Interesting post.

rambouillet said...

YES Scott. You are officially Mr. Freaky (but not just for knowing Debbie Gibson songs)! Ha! I'm glad you know who that is though, I couldn't remember who sang it and didn't want to look it up. Way to go for recognizing!

Demosthenes said...

I have actually thought about keeping a journal next to my bed and then frantically writing my dreams down during that 5-10 minute period immediately afterward that I actually remember them.

Mostly, I am too lazy, but a part of me is actually a little scared of the consequences. I mean my thinking is that if we as humans were meant to remember our dreams, then we would, well, remember them. I'm just not sure it wouldn't cheapen the whole dreaming process.

Demosthenes said...

I took a straw poll and 100 percent of males in the 26 year old Minnesota demographic say they would like to see another post on this blog. :) Give the people what they want! :)