Monday, January 23, 2006

Under the knife..

Found out today I'm going to have surgery next Monday morning at 8 am. I have a sick feeling in my stomach now. I'm sure things will be fine but the thought of "going under" doesn't appeal to me by any means especially since the word "anesthesia" means "near death." I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to die cause someone gave me too much of something they shouldn't have.

Or if it didn't work and then I felt everything.

Oy. Need to think of something else now...

4 comments:

Scott said...

The good news is that if you don't wake up from the anesthesia, your soul has been saved from Discom.

Seriously, I'll wake up early next Monday and offer prayers.

Demosthenes said...

Ah what would the world be without supportive uncles huh? Besides EVERYONE knows the worst thing is they could get your chart mixed up with an amputee patient.

But in all seriousness the thing I HATED about anesthesia was just how stinkin groggy it made me when I came to. I was awake mentally, but I could not open my eyes for a while and I was dying of thirst but they wouldn't give me any water.

Not dangerous at all - just REALLY annoying. Is this your first time?

GreatBeefalo said...

did anyone else notice the titles of the two posts? "Under the knife...and the mice will play." I think thats sort of odd, dont you?

Dont worry, the anesthesiologists have at least 6 months of certification from Henrietta von Minkey's school of Flatulence (hey, its gassing someone, right?)

rambouillet said...

scott - ah yes... that IS something to be greatful for.

discom - will do

writer - that would be my luck!

demo - not my first time... it's my third. still doesn't make it any better!

beef - as gassy as you!