Friday, January 06, 2006

To tea or not to tea

Some people just make good coffee and tea. I could drink GALLONS of Big Mark's coffee. Oy. It's good. My uncle Bryan brings coffee back from Europe and last time I stayed with Uncle Kendall I had the pleasure of having two cups (really 4) of the liquid gold. Oy. I think the brand is Jakob's.

So why can't I make tea, as much as I love it, like I'd like to? What art am I missing? Hmmmmmm... this has always perplexed me. I registered for and received 6 fabulous Carolina styled tea glass and a pitcher (for a wedding/Christmas gift). Last night I made tea in this pitcher for the first time. My visions of tasting the delectable concoction were shattered when I had a sip of it. How terrible it is to long for a perfect glass of ice tea and come up short!!!

If any of you would like to share your tea recipes (iced or cold) or your favorite coffees please feel free to do so. I always like hearing what other people's palates prefer.

2 comments:

Demosthenes said...

Haha, not to sound too sarcastic, but I am addicted to hot tea and here is my recipe.

Rip open tea package.
Remove tea bag.
Insert into hot water.
stir/bob/ dip for 1 min
drink.

:) See that's all there is to it! But I couldn't tell if you were referring to hot tea or ice tea. As much as I drink I really am not a coneseur (sp?) of fine tea so I was not even aware that you could brew your own without the tea bags! :)

Scott said...

If you wanna be a coffee snob, you should get a french press. I recently converted to the press, and I love it.

If you wanna be a tea snob, buy it loose. The thing is, there are literally thousands of different tea blends. You won't like all of them. There's a shop here in honolulu called L'Epicier that has like two hundred bins of loose tea. You can get a little of each, and find one you like.