Thursday, January 26, 2006

Might as well be an episode of Futurama


A co-worker was reading online today about a couple (and their dogs) that are going to be cryogenically frozen. 100 years from now (so the plan is) they will be awakened. We also found out that some people are even freezing their heads in hopes of them being used with different bodies in the future!?!

What the heck??? That is one of the strangest thing I've ever heard. When asked why one of their reasons was "they're friends are doing it." Wow. MY friends are all getting cryogenically frozen (a process which has never been proven on humans) so I think I will too.

Geez!!!

Once I find the story, I'll post the link. In the meantime, my co-worker asked the question: what happens to a person's spirit & mind when their body is out of it for that long of a time? Are they just in limbo? I would love to hear your opinons.

6 comments:

Scott said...

Well, according to the catholic church, "Limbo" is recently non-existent.

So where do the spirit and mind go? Wal-Mart. C'mon - everybody needs shampoo, batteries, and a new garden hose. And whereever that stuff goes, you KNOW there's a Wal-Mart there, with really old spirits and minds greeting the customers at the door.

That last line was just silly.

Demosthenes said...

Don't forget the duct tape - I am not sure exactly what one would use it for in the limbo realm, but I am fairly surethe would BE SOME use for it.

But as much as I LOVE Star Trek and sci-fi, I'm not sure I really believe that re-animation is possible like that. So I think you just die.

Demosthenes said...

Oh forgot to ask - what happened to Beef's blog?

rambouillet said...

Scott - you are weird. ;) And are you making fun of those poor greeters???

Demo - I think people probably die too... but if they don't, man that's just weird to think about!

Oh and about Beef, it is sad to say that he deleted it. I'm really upset about this. :(

Killjoy - checked it a few weeks ago... haven't been good at keeping up with the blogs lately. Shame on me...

Scott said...

Uhhhhh, hellllOO...you're like the only girl I know that watches Futurama ;-)

Weird rocks.

rambouillet said...

Weird DOES rock!