Monday, November 07, 2005

"Love is..."

Virda used to save the "Love Is..." cartoons from the newspaper and give them to me. Anytime I see one, I can't help but cut it out. I have a small box full of them at home... all cartoons Virda gave me. It was one of our things.

Here's my own list of "Love Is...":
Love is...
* wearing his college hoodie
* calling to let him know you're home safe
* driving 45 minutes to see each other
* praying together
* calling just to say "Good morning!"
* when he says, "Hey beautiful..."
* when he buys dinner for your family
* watching a movie together
* eating at Wendy's!
* amazing!
* spending time with his parents
* when his friends know who you are
* planning ahead






2 comments:

rambouillet said...

Awwww... Discom! When are we getting together for dinner again... I think DFW needs some chaos! ;)

Writer - you're just fabulous! :)

Scott said...

Hey, nobody told me what a "gesture" letting some girl wear your college hoodie is. When I was in college, I lent mine to a girl (Oh, I was supposed to say "woman") because she was cold - but all of the other women in the Speech-Path dept. assumed this meant we were dating. I guess the combo of a) misunderstanding the significance of a well-worn sweatshirt and b) being the only-and-frankly-way-too-talked-about male in the COMD dept. resulted in a perfect storm of rumor and conjecture.

Haven't made the mistake since, though ;0)