Thursday, November 03, 2005

These are a few of my favorite things...

I tried to get to 100... Discom has me beat! I'll have to do an addendum later!

1. the smell of autumn (chimney smoke and cold air)
2. a good football game
3. when he says, "hey, beautiful"
4. going home
5. getting home
6. being home
7. hugs from kids
8. being told "I love you"
9. baby animals (sheepies, cowies, puppies... all of them!)
10. cruising while listening to motown with the Beef
11. knowing my other brother has made a good decision
12. watching people, kids have their "Ah ha!" moments
13. the smell of rain
14. Dr. Pepper
15. fried okra (especially when eaten at Memaw C's house)
16. knowing that someone loves you
17. hugs (the kind where my feet leave the ground)
18. a good book
19. talking about biblical stuff with people who enjoy talking about it too
20. a good back rub
21. a good calf rub (yeah, sounds weird but I enjoy it)
22. catching up with good friends
23. laughing til my sides hurt :)
24. Slurpies
25. making cookies with my bizzle the Great Beef
26. talking to my dad
27. drinking coffee with any of my grandparents
28. those HUGE twisted lollipops you get at places like Six Flags (those are SO cool)
29. kisses
30. kisses than make your knees weak
31. re-reading scripture and discovering something new
32. Wendy's :)
33. biscuits and gravy at Grandmom Browning's house... THAT is living the good life
34. star gazing
35. watching sunsets or sunrises - how amazing!
36. quilts made by Grandmom
37. dialing Memaw C's telephone # - been the same one for my whole life (and longer)
38. talking with Bekah
39. hanging out with Tocarro
40. going to bed with my down comforter and baggy pajama pants with Maggie Moo Cow on them!!
41. wearing M's college hoodie :)
42. singing with Bekah, Ronica, David and the crew at the Case's house while Ronica played piano... good times... good stuff
43. flowers... all kinds but especially calla lillies and prim roses and magnolia blossoms (flowers never cease to amaze me... they are so fragile and yet so relentless... God is amazing isn't He?)
44. wild flowers on the side of the highway
45. taking pictures - I just really enjoy it
46. I love to listen to how my grandparents grew up - the stuff they did and thought was cool
47. sleeping with my dog curled up beside me (and the fact that if I move over she moves to get closer to me so she ends up nearly shoving me out of bed!)
48. walks in the evening
49. the time in the morning right before the sun rises when it seems you're the only one awake and it's just you and God's creation - I love that time of day
50. I enjoy kind words - whether they're told to me or if I over hear them being said to someone else
51. kindness - I love kind people and we seem to be in short supply
52. thoughtfulness - whether in a thoughtful gift or phone call or email - I LOVE thoughtfulness
53. I love random "gifts" - the "I saw this and thought of you" kinds of things. They make things interesting!
54. I love finding money in a coat pocket from last winter
55. rocking babies to sleep
56. good music

Ok, here's the rest:

57. causing trouble with Beef and Discom
58. making new friends
59. when you get some credit
60. road trips with my uncles... and Jasmine!!!!
61. the smell of a newly sharpened pencil
62. the emails from my prayer group... I LOVE to hear from my girls and I love our commitment to pray for one another
63. swinging!!! I LOVE to swing! I don't know who invented the swing but whoever it was is a genius in my book.
64. getting compliments... I used to hate it but I'm working on it and I've decided I like it. :)
65. hugs from my Mom & Dad
66. when M kisses my forehead
67. helping my Dad at the clinic
68. working a full 8 hours - feeling accomplished
69. bonuses at work because I always stay late!!!
70. the smell of cinnamon
71. laughing with my family!
72. even though it drives me nuts, I do love him for it: when Dad doesn't finish his sentences and you have to play the "guess which tool Dad wants" game with him til you get it right! :)
73. when my Dad takes the time to burns CDs and sends them to us
74. talking with my Mom
75. being in the outdoors
77. sweaters in the wintertime and shorts and tank tops in the summer
78. swimming! I LOVE to swim
79. acoustic guitar... I don't care who's playing, so long as you play something
80. good friends who call just to "check in" because you both enjoy each other so much
81. when my 2 year olds remember what we talked about the next week!!!!!
82. reading scripture and realizing, for the millionth time, that God is amazing
83. those "God things" like when he TOTALLY provides what you need, when you need it
84. writing
85. looking at artwork... whether you like it or not, there's always something to be appreciated about a piece of art
86. goofing off with the Beef
87. a clean house
88. my dog!
89. memories like: Mom singing "Trust and Obey" to us as kids
90. hanging out with a good girlfriend like Lori or Ashley
91. knowing someone is praying for you...
92. that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you know something or someone has been done right
93. when Vanessa calls to ask me to hang out
94. being redeemed... being reminded of my salvation and God's grace and mercy
95. a Snickers bar and a Dr. Pepper (cause that's what Mom used to get me after basketball games)
96. thinking about Thanksgiving!
97. visiting with GOOD people who love the LORD
98. laughing just because I can...
99. the smell of clean laundry
100. a good pair of jeans
101. catching up with someone I haven't talked to in awhile
102. thinking about all the good times with Virda
103. being at Grandmom's for Thanksgiving!!!
104. BEAR HUGS!!!!!!
105. that perfect picture opportunity when you have your camera with you!

1 comment:

rambouillet said...

Ok, I'll republish with more...

and this time Writer, I won't forget about Jasmine!!!