Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Stupid Sticker renewal... I HATE government crap

So today I took my lunch break and went to the Texas Department of Transportation. That's where the lady yesterday (talked to someone twice) told me to go to get my sticker re-newed. So I get there, wait for about 10 minutes only to find out when I get to the counter that I'm supposed to be about 6 miles somewhere else. This actually isn't the place to get my sticker renewed. In Dallas, 6 miles at lunch time translates to 20 minutes worth of drive time. Ug. So I drive over to Valley View (let's just make a field trip out of it, shall we?) and to my joy there is only one person in line. When it's my turn I give the lady my info, she asks for payment, I hand her a debit/credit card.

"We don't take those."
"What?"
"We don't take those. You can go to ATM or bring cash."

??????????????????????????????

So I leave, having treked half way across Dallas to get the stupid sticker renewed to come back empty handed. Which means I get to do it all again!

This wouldn't be half as irritating if I wasn't under such a time crunch. But my boss has established this new rule (one of many) of if you take over 1 hour for lunch it automatically counts as 1.5 hours and if you take 1.5 hours it counts as 2.

And that's only the beginning of our "New Structure" as she calls it. Please, don't get me started.

Praise God I have a job and money to pay bills but stuff like that SUCKS.

Arg.

3 comments:

Scott said...

If we would just listen to Cole, we wouldn't have to do those things.

Demosthenes said...

ram - I KNOW how you feel! :) I have been procrastinating doing that very thing for 2 months now (bless me for I have sinned...)

Good grief, no credit/debit card machines! But surely as you say that I remember the EXACT same thing happening to me last year.

If the government were a business, I'd take mine elsewhere. I the DPS should be privately run agencies. Then we might actually get some decent service!

rambouillet said...

You know what's funny, is that there are huge posters everywhere talking about how great their customer service is... sheesh! What irony...