Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving Recap

SOOOOOOO... this weekend was fabulous. JUST FABULOUS. Could it have been any better? Nope. I think not. It was perfect.

First off: Grandmom Browning - the patriarch of the family! She is amazing. Roofing houses at age 70, breaking into her own house and climbing through windows at 90... mastering the art of gravy... what CAN'T she do?!?!

I made a cherry pie on Wednesday (which the uncles gave me grief about... but guess what, none of it was left to take home!!) The grief was due to the fact that I covered the top of it in hearts. Hey, I was being decorative! I didn't have enough crust to make long enough lattice strips, so I improvised.


Of course, family and food are always great. And, with Thanksgiving you get football. How can you have Thanksgiving without football? Sacriledge! A&M put up a pretty good fight against T.U. but did not prevail in the end. We'll get 'em next year! And unfortunately the Wheezer/Geezer Bowl 2005 had a dim ending as well. Claraslvr brought two of her friends from Harding - one of which was quickly recruited to play for the Geezers by Uncle Mark. Oh the shame. Amongst other shames, Kara played for the Geezers as well - so REALLY THEY WEREN'T the Geezers. They were a mixture of Wheezers and Geezers so they had the best of both sides. Mark (my fiance) played all time QB and we had a good game. The Wheezers consisted of: Claraslvr, Kandi, Beef, Trav, Ram and Little Mark. The Geezers were: Frustrated Writer, Little Mark, Uncle Kendall, Gabe (friend of Claraslvr) and Kara. The ending score was Geezers 7, Wheezers 2. Alas, despite the Wheezers efforts, the Geezers prevailed. Again. ??????? It's a mystery folks, a mystery.








Here are the winners with the game-winning football (note Kara's head bowed in shame!)

Here are the valiant losers, showing a little of their best and worst sides:




We took a timeout during the game to go see the old store that used to be open when my Dad was a kid. It was open when I was very young... I remember going in to buy a piece of grape bubblicious. Here are some pics from the store as it is now, a museum:








Friday my Mom, Dad, Beef, Mark and I went to Fredricksburg for a Texas Highschool playoff game. We went to the Christmas store (always fun!) and grabbed a bite to eat, then headed to the game. It was great! I would posts pics, but they're on my Dad's camera. Unfortunately I left mine at the house. After the game we headed out of town but before we left the Beef, Mark and I took our picture as gingerbread men (you know, the kind of wooden cut outs you stick your head through) on the lawn off mainstreet where they had some lights set up. We got several laughs! Unfortunately, I don't have that pic either.

When we left for home on Sunday, the trio (Beef, Mark and I) stopped in Dublin on the way home and went inside the Dublin Dr. Pepper factory. I, of course, had to take a picture of the coolest city limits sign ever:

2 comments:

Scott said...

T.U.?!?!?!?!???

Sacrilege!!!

I will say that I am not proud of this victory - UT played far too sloppy on offense to celebrate.

But it's ALWAYS good to see the Aggies lose.

Hook 'em.

Oh, and the pics are great.

rambouillet said...

Oy - you T.U. fans are nuts...