Thursday, December 01, 2005

Holy cow... and other mysteries

Planning a wedding is like asking for Chinese torture... or banging your head against the wall repeatedly. It's such an emotional deal and everyone has their opinion.

My stomach has been KILLING me the last two days. The last two nights I've been unable to sleep. How ridiculous. I wasn't stressed until two days ago. Dang it all.

Really the main thing is money. If you had and unlimited budget then things would be so much simpler.

Holy cow. I'm about ready to run off by ourselves, but then that makes the situation look bad because we've only known each other 4 months and our families are tripping out and they really should be there and be a part. And I want them to be. But this is stress.

Really. I feel like I need to puke.

5 comments:

Scott said...

Yep - serves you right for not planning a Hawaiian wedding.

Garth - "If you're gonna spew, spew in this."

rambouillet said...

Scott - you offering to PAY for a wedding in Hawaii? You know how much tickets cost?!?!? That would be great... I would love it. But my wallet says "No!"

Scott said...

Yep - I know how much they cost - which is why I almost never leave the state. GEEZ it's expensive.

But, just to be clear, the actual cost of weddings in Hawaii isn't bad at all...
Marriage license in Hawaii...$60
Leis for bride and groom...$20
Fee for a marriage on any Hawaiian beach...FREE
Laughing at the preacher who's notes have been blown into the ocean...priceless

marrie said...

You know, Josh and I were engaged in less than 2 months after we met, and married within 8 months. That was in 1999 and we're still together. I didn't throw up while we were planning the wedding, but I did throw up at 4 am the morning of the wedding.

rambouillet said...

Scott - that would be funny! i can see it now... you chasing papers all over the beach!

Writer - ha!

Marrie - let's see, we've dated 4 months and will be married in 3 1/2. So all together that makes 7 1/2 months.

Actually, so you all know, I feel better about the planning. I'm just such a people pleaser I make myself insane.