Friday, April 15, 2005

Blockbuster

The Blockbuster closest to my house is an interesting place on Friday nights. Full of bored, single... well, extremely single people. Ha. Its really funny. In fact, it makes me laugh. Everyone knows, that everyone else knows, that if you're in there by yourself, it's because you don't have a date or anything else better to do than rent a movie and go home and watch it by yourself (which is what I really preferred to do last night anyway... but that's not the point.) Because everyone knows that everyone else knows, this makes for the perfect opportunity to play the all-time favorite game of Avoiding Eye Contact. So, I make it a point to say, "Hi!" and make as much eye contact as possible with everyone in the store just to make things as awkward as possible. I've always liked breaking the mold.

You can take one look at some people and know why their single and others you kind of have to wonder at. I, of course, like to group myself with the later, on account of my gorgeous good looks. *insert sheepish grin*

1 comment:

rambouillet said...

HA! Exactly. I love the way you think Writer... it's almost like we're related or something...