Saturday, April 16, 2005

Ecclesiastes

I was helping a friend from work, and elderly lady, hang pictures in her new apartment last weekend. She wouldn't need a new apartment if she wasn't divorced. But her husband ran around on her and so here she is after 45 years of marriage without a husband, by herself in an apartment. So, I was helping her get some stuff done. We got to talking about our life's situations... it just blows me away at the similarities of them. A couple their age, a couple my age, and both men acting like complete jackasses for God-knows why. And my friend told me that she still does not know why he did what he did. I guess none of us will ever know, but its strange to think about some days. My friend wouldn't hurt a fly; I know people aren't perfect but when a person is trying so hard to do the right thing, how can that be denied? I can't get my mind around it...

She would beg her husband... beg him... it just breaks my heart and tears at my soul.

What is it that makes everything in people's lives so similar? Nothing new under the sun, that's for sure. Just different faces, stories sung to a different tune; similar melodies and harmonies even... and yet, despite all this, people will continue to be judgmental. Ha, once again, nothing new under the sun. Nothing new...

3 comments:

GreatBeefalo said...

Ram, your question is a philosophical great: why do people do what they do? its simple--I will sum it up in a few short words--they're stupid.

rambouillet said...

Aaaahhhh... thank you Beef. I never would have figured it out otherwise...
sheesh...

rambouillet said...

Here here! I call for another road trip!! Where to?