Saturday, April 30, 2005

A Day Like Today

It is on days like these that
make me feel worthless.
Drugs cannot help me now...
want to pierce my heart with the hot blade of
a cold knife
blood leaving my body
soon lifeless
Seems hopeless
It all does.
No matter what.
Death is inevitable but long coming
Maybe if I write, he'll hear me...

So tired of the pain,
attempting to cope.
Miserable I sit here,
Perplexed by things unseen
Groping for hope.

And hope does not fail us...

except on days like this.

2 comments:

GreatBeefalo said...

sounds familiar, like I only bake when something is worrying me. Which is why I usually make cookies when Im by myself at home...I just made a batch of snickerdoodles.

rambouillet said...

Writer, I always appreciate and even long for your praise due to the fact that I so appreciate and adore your writings. Thank you! I could post lots more of this type of stuff... but I debate on it. I have to space it out or its too much, you know? Gets too heavy I think. Thanks!