Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Dress Code

So today, after being dressing like a complete slob yesterday, I have come to work looking very nice. This may not seem like such an accomplishment for those of you who go to work every day in a suite and tie or in a skirt and blouse. My boss does not require us to dress in such attire. Yesterday, due to running extremely late, I came in a baseball cap, jeans, a capsleeved shirt and stylish tennis shoes. Yes ladies, I was wearing a belt. A little less than business casual shall we say, but I felt today the need to show off a bit especially due to the nature of my co-workers who are obsessed with Gucci and Prada and never come to work looking anything other than something off the cover of Cosmo. So today I came in with my Express slacks, a nice v-necked sleevless summer sweater, a scarf tied around my neck (this is big time for me folks... my cousin in Namibia should be proud), heels (yes, yes, this is especially big time because I HATE heels), and just the right jewelry. Simple elegance is my motto (when not in jeans and a t-shirt). Well, as they say in the musicial Chicago, "razzle dazzle 'em"... so I did my best. And I feel triumphant. So triumphant in fact I may try this every day!

Its just that my jeans are so comfortable... and who cares what Cosmo says anyway?

No comments: