Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Unusually Annoyed

I have been unusually annoyed with people as of late. It disturbs me since I'm usually not so prone to irritation so easily. And I want to SCREAM curses at people. And that's odd for me as well. I don't know what the deal is. I think it's probably stress due to my job. I think my job may get the better of me if I don't do something quick. In the last month I have had migraines out the wazoo and they're only getting worse. I think the minute I hit the office door a trigger is pulled in my head. So, this blog is about venting. Instead of venting about the idiot drivers on the road or some idiot at the local Walmart, I'm going to vent about what really has my goat.

I am an educated individual. I have a degree that I worked my butt off to get. I do not need some woman telling me that 400 times a day when to do something or how to do it especially when it's something as menial as taking the correct number of copies to Office Depot or placing the correct number of copies into the exhibitor packets or what have you. I HATE being belittled. I am not stupide. I'M NOT STUPID LADY!!!!! The space between my ears is not empty... you didn't even attempt to go to college, I have more life experience from that alone than you do so shut it. I don't care about your stupid shows. I'm not going to go behind your back and try to take over your business! I DON'T WANT IT!!!!!!! HEAR ME, DON'T WANT IT! In fact, I'm pretty sure I hate it. There I said it. Hate. I hate my job. Really and truly.

People will follow a leader when they respect and admire them and when they are respected in return. At first people follow a leader because they have to, because of position, but eventually your leadership has to build some kind of repport: respect, compassionate, mercy, justice... good grief. When you don't come to a place where you're respected for who you are and who you are becoming, then you have lost the grounds for leading. You no longer have that foothold with which in influence.

I know I'm not as old as you... but you have things to learn from me as well NH. And if you'd ever actually listen instead of trying so hard to think of a come-back maybe you'd figure a few things out and maybe you wouldn't have such a high turn-over.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Mean people suck!

GreatBeefalo said...

I think everybody hates their jobs--but you do have a doozy...
whereas I cruise around with yummy cakes im not allowed to touch. except to hand to snotty buttheads that havent lived in the US as long as I have.