Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Mind Debate of the Blog

Blogging started out as such a blessing and has become such a curse. My blogs are never witty and charming like my uncles or intelligent and political like my brothers. No, I'm afraid they are very depressing and morbid. Initially the thought of bearing my soul to the universe without the attachment was so appealing. I never really intended for the blog to become a diary, but it seems that that is what it is evolving into. I don't tell people I know I have it, because it would inhibit what I write on it. Now however, that I know several of the people who will be reading it it makes it harder. And besides, no one wants to get on a blog and read depressing thought provoking crap, right? I suppose since half my family thinks I'm insane anyway... it doesn't matter. And the rest of you don't know me from Adam. Having said all this, on with the seriousness. Some days you just need to write down the crap you're feeling so you don't make the mistake of taking it out on someone else. Some days you need to write something funny even if it sounds crazy. And some days you need to joke about killing yourself just so you feel better.

Anyway, I am going to try to write with a more light hearted air (just so we don't all commit a mass suicide :). But I'm making no promises to the blog audience (the whole two of you out there).

I appreciate those of you who do read and look forward to your posts.

No comments: