Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Email Addresses

My bro and I were discussing the other day the monotony of people's email addresses. I know I will step on some toes here, but I don't care. At work right now I'm inputting email addresses so that we can send out a mass $2 Off Coupon for our next show. I would guess that the percentage of people's email addresses that consist of "theirname@blahblah.com" is about 85. That's terrible. Now, I understand that if you're using a business email address you wouldn't want to have "hotmamma@mybusiness.com" but for personal use, why not? Isn't that the point of email? To be fun and creative? To express oneself? So why do all these people have these boring email addresses involving their first and last names? Is the public that mindless? Wait. Nevermind. I for one have decided that I will have an email address involving some sort of crazy name other than the one on my birth certificate until I die. I hope it annoys and confuses lots of people. I hope they think I'm immature.

I would appreciate your opinions on this matter.

2 comments:

rambouillet said...

Not at all! In fact, I think it shows your creative flair and rebellion against those who lack the balls to be so. :)

GreatBeefalo said...

well, mine is sooo self explanatory....not many people can start their names with THE.

such as THE Great Beefalo.