Monday, October 17, 2005

Beef, Discom & Ram take over the world!!! (ok, just Las Colinas)


































Friday night I did something I've said I would NEVER in my life do. I had a rendevous with someone I met on the internet. But this was a little different being that I didn't go by myself, the GreatBeef came along and I wasn't meeting just anyone. I was meeting up with Discom who happens to know my uncle. If she didn't know my uncle, pretty sure there wouldn't have been a rendevous.

The Beef and I were supposed to meet up with Discom at Friday's in Grapevine. It occurred to me that she knew what I looked like but we had not clue what she looked like. This was going to be interesting. We walked in the door and I quickly scanned the seating area to see if there were any girls standing by themselves. Fresh out of luck. The host approached.

"Are you meeting a lady here?"
"Uh, yeah."
"Right this way."

Good. Saved face on that one. We followed him around the corner and he stopped. There before us were two tables. Each had a single girl at them. He held his hand out, as to tell us to be seated (as if I was supposed to know which table to go to? ha!) and looked at us. Neither of the girls were looking up. I was not about to tell this guy that I didn't know what she looked like. I stood there. What the heck was I supposed to do. Don't quite remember what happened between then and the time we sat down, but I think Discom FINALLY looked up (cause it felt like an eternity! :) and we sat down. You know, I thought it would have been kind of awkward but not at all. We all sat around and shot the bull and had ourselves a time. It was good stuff.

We got ready to leave. The initial plan was to see a movie but in the parking lot taking pictures (to prove to our little blogosphere here that we actually DID meet) we decided to head over to Williams Square in Las Colinas (I think I'm obsessed with that place, I have always loved it ever since I was a kid... not sure why) and wreck some havoc.

So off to Las Colinas (just a hop and a skip away from our present location). Apparently, Williams Square is THE place to make out on a Friday night. Never would have guessed. So here we are, the three of us (an unseemly bunch) amidst all these couples swapping spit. So to stir things up a little we decided to wade. There weren't too many people making out by the time we left. HA! So here we are, enjoying the filthy (let's please not think about what type of terrible amoebas live in that stuff) water when we see two men in suites approaching.

"You guys are going to have to get out of there."
"Well, o.k."
"There's security cameras all around here. We can see what's going on."
"We'll we're not hurting anything." - Discom was trying to work her magic and it did bring a smile to the man's face.
"Oh I know. But this water isn't treated. And if we see you back in here again, we're going to have to ask you to leave."
"O.k. Thanks."

We would have liked to mention that we never did see a sign that said "No Wading in the Fountain" but we didn't. Oh well. We sure did have them worked up. I bet that was more excitement than they get in a month.

So we decided to head over to the canal and walk down that way for a bit. We discovered a live blues band (very cool) and took some more crazy pics (Beef's takes the cake I think).

All in all we had a great evening. Much better than sitting at home doing nothing.

Now we just have to decide what part of DFW to terrorize next...

6 comments:

Demosthenes said...

Boy do I feel left out or what? :( It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Now that you guys have met, you feelin that road trip to MN yet? Hope springs eternal. :)It's a straight shot up I35 (I35 runs within 2 miles of my apt).

Very cool that you guys got to meet. Somewhat jealous here.

Scott said...

DAAAAAAANG - I can tell you this...you've earned "Post of the Week" and it's only Monday.

Looks like fun. Now, how did you photoshop Discomb's horns out of those pics ;-)

GreatBeefalo said...

Carefully, Scott. Very, very carefully.

rambouillet said...

Oh yes... post of the week right here baby and it's only Monday!!!!

Oh, I tried the Photoshop thing... didn't work... guess those horns are permenantly attached! ;)

luv you Discom!!!! *smooches*

GreatBeefalo said...

and for the record, my legs are the ones with hair. Just didnt want anyone getting confused, I hear some of those weirdo Hawaiians shave theirs...

Scott said...

If your legs looked this good, you'd shave 'em too!