Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Reconciliation

Today an amazing thing happened. I was reconciled to an old friend. I've written about her before out of hurt and frustration. But today at the office it was all absolved.

We were standing in her office talking about my current job prospect and she looked at me and said:
"You know L, I've been thinking alot about you lately and praying for you. I know I shouldn't do this here at the office, but I don't see you any other time. I got to thinking the other day that if you get this job, which I think would be great, it's exactly what you would be great at, but I got to thinking that I might not ever see you again. And I know that we haven't talked about alot of stuff. I know I don't know every detail of your life, I know I don't know exactly what happened with J, but I want you to know that I love you very much and that I when I told you those things earlier that I just wanted to let you know what was on my heart. I know it came across as being judgmental but I never meant it to be that way. I want you to know that I have put it in God's hands. It's in His hands L and I want you to know that. We have so many wonderful memories together and I just love you and want you to know that. I want you to know that if you get this job and I don't see you again here, I'll see you in Heaven." She stood up and we embraced.

At this point she and I were both in tears. Only a few of you reading this know waht all of this means and that's o.k. I felt like 1,000 pounds was lifted from my shoulders. My good friend, my good friend and I were reconciled. God be praised!

She continued:
"And I want you to know that I'm proud of you because you're not mad at God or mad at the world and I would not have been able to handle the situation as well. I'm really proud of you."

I just wanted to share this with y'all because it is such a blessing. SUCH a blessing!!!! Wow. And I needed this today more than anything. More than anything...

2 comments:

Gel said...

Hi Ram,
I read in here a lot but am guilty of not being able to leave comments that often because my hands are tied up. This is utterly touching! We dont' need to know more background to discern that this means so much to you. What a beautiful gift to each other to reconcile and move on! So happy for you both!

rambouillet said...

Green-eyed: first of all, I love it that you have green eyes. I do too. There's not many of us you know (green-eyed ladies that is...)! There's a song by Coldplay about a green eyed girl. It's one of my favorites. I'm so glad you took the time to comment!

Discom - I just love you. You touch my heart with your words... I AM THANKFUL that you are my sister in Christ as well... what a blessing!

And are you sure your body hasn't been invaded by aliens... ;)