Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Seriously?

So initially I was going to blog about how crappy money is. And it is. I hate it. It's a terrible necessity. I have bills running out my ears. I have to start paying off my student loans in November and don't make enough to start doing that. I don't know what I'm going to do. I have no clue. I have only been eating once a day and I need to buy dog food but I can't until the end of the week. I put off buying my migraine meds for a week and THAT was a terrible mistake but I couldn't do anything else cause I had to pay rent. God is going to have to take care of it.

I don't have to have alot of anything. I just want the security of knowing things will be taken care of. I don't want Gucci or Prada. In fact, that crap makes me ill. Why spend a million bucks on crap like that... but I don't want to have to stress about where the money for bills is going to come from.

Maybe I should strip on the weekends... just kidding. Really guys, I'm just kidding! Trying to lighten the mood here. Anyway...

I was going to ask my boss for a raise yesterday and my friend I have been so recently reconciled to told me to wait a day, wait until after I interviewed with the school today. So I did. I just sat down to my computer at work (which my boss has given me twice as much to do, not only my job but the job of the sales rep as well because the one we had is leaving and I'm not getting paid any extra for doing her work) and there was an email from my boss entitled "Gas Raise." ???

So I open the email. And I got a raise.

I got a raise.

Holy cow... I GOT A RAISE. Not a huge one... not anything to go crazy about, but just enough. Just exactly what I needed. I went and hugged my boss.

GOD IS SO GOOD TO ME. SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

WHY?

All I have to say is this:

Psalm 68
19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,
who daily bears our burdens.

3 comments:

GreatBeefalo said...

dang, you didnt tell me that! congratulations are in order! Now I can stop hooking!

Dont worry, Sydney has been happily munching on expired turkey, hamburger patties, and sloppy joe (the last one memaw gave her...its kinda funny, actually). I can just see Sydney going "mmmmm, Sloppy Joe!"

Demosthenes said...

Congrats! Sounds like you truly deserve it!

rambouillet said...

greeeeeaaaaaaaat... that's EXACTLY what she needs...

;)