Monday, October 17, 2005

Terrible 2's?

I teach the 2 year old class on Sunday nights with a another girl from the singles class. Intitially, I felt this was going to be a beast of burden but as of late I have looked forward to Sunday evenings and here's why:

It's the simple lessons that I have been in dire need of lately. Here's a few we've been learning the past few weeks:

God made everything.
God keeps his promises.
God keeps us safe.


Wow. So simple. And yet what truth! I love sitting with R, J, T, K and D and the others working puzzles with them... I love watching them learn how to interact with one another. I love their creativity when playing with Play-Dough. I just love my 2's!

It occured to me that this is the MOST blessed bunch of kids I've ever worked with. Never have I worked with such affluent children before in my life and this is a new experiance.

What I intitally thought to be such a terrible burden is turning out to be such a wonderful blessing. I think I am learning more than they are...

2 comments:

marrie said...

I've learned that two year olds are far from terrible, they are open hearted, loving, excited and enthusiastic...then they turn two and a half and you wonder where your little anglel went!

rambouillet said...

HA! You're SO right!

When I taught preschool that truth became very evident!