Saturday, October 15, 2005

They might as well be Newly Weds

I met a friend who hasn't been at church for about 5 months this morning. Been worried sick about her but she wouldn't return anyone's calls and Kendall and I couldn't figure out what the deal was. Anyway, finally caught up with her and we got to visit. She's gonna be alright. Praise God!

We were meeting for brunch (I feel silly even writing that word). I arrived before she did and was enjoying my time people watching. There was an older couple there in the lobby. They were fabulous. In fact, they were so cute I wanted to go tell them thanks just for being such great examples to the rest of us.

The looked young just because of their love for each other. Wow. It was amazing. At one point they were standing up, facing each other and she put her hands around the back of his arms. It was the way she did it. So loving. And he just smiled. He was so proud of her. She just beamed. They eventually sat down and she put his arm through his. I know a lot of people think old people being physical is gross... and it's not like I want to dwell on it or anything but there's something sweet about it, it's rich. I mean it's good when you've been with someone for a few months or a few years right, but can you imagine after being with someone for 40 years? How well you know that person and all the stuff you've been though... the love that you have for one another... gosh. It makes my heart swell.

So anyway, sorry tangent. Back to the couple... there were several younger couples (wow, was I the odd ball in the room! ha!) that had young children, all younger than 5 years old running around. It was cute. And this older couple had the biggest time watching these kids. They were living it up! I had more fun watching them than I did the kids.

My grandparents are that way. They still flirt and carry on - but they're not gross about it. Memaw wouldn't have it, Lord knows! But my Pepaw says stuff... and he can get this smile that no one else can get out of Memaw... wow. It's so cool.

I hope to have that. If I can't have that, I don't want it at all.

No comments: