Friday, October 21, 2005

Rip it... rip it good

O.k. I'm riping from Discom. I'm shameless.

Songs that make me go "hmmmmm":

"Timeline" - Kerry Livegrin (sp?): reminds me of driving in the Suberban with my fam. Good times.

Anything by New Kids on the Block - yeah props to Discom for bringing that one up. Used to JAM OUT to those guys. My friend Jennifer had a poster of Joey on her wall. She would kiss him goodnight every night before bed... I however DID NOT. I thought Joey was a dork... I was all about Jordon!

Kansas, Boston, Rush: yeah, Dad used to play this stuff before school every morning. Wait, what am I talking about? He PLAYS IT ALL THE TIME!!! So it reminds me of home. Boston's "More Than A Feeling" evokes just that - all sorts of emotions. Rush's "Tom Sawyer" and the like send me back to days of youth!

"I Want to Know What Love Is" - Foreigner: Ha! EVERY time I hear this song I think of riding in the car with Dad's Boy Scout troup from church in Amarillo and Bryan Gilbert and the whole lot going into this daze... "I wanna know what love is... I want you to show me..." I always wondered what girl they happened to be thinking of at the time... I always hoped Bryan would have been dreaming of me!! But alas... no! Ha!

Phil Collins: there's this one song, can't remember the name of it right now, but when it plays I can SMELL Amaraillo. It's SO weird. I remember distinctly one night it playing when Dad closed the True Value store down and Mom waiting in the red truck. And I can hear the airplanes. (Airplanes seem to be a constant in my life... why is this? It seems we have always lived near an airport...)

"My Maria" - Diamond Rio: Every time I hear this song I think of my very dear friend Lara and the times we spent in high school getting Dr. Peppers at Sonic and two-stepping at her house. Her dad would play the drums to our CD of choice (we ALWAYS started of with Maria from Diamond Rio) and we would two-step for HOURS on end. I used to be pretty good... but haven't done any of that in A WHILE. Those were good times!!! She is a blessing, a very dear friend.

There's a WHOLE bunch of songs by All 4 One and Boys II Men and old skool Mariah Carey that TAKE ME BACK to middle school and early high school... days with Roshawna and Tocarro!!! Good times. Mostly ones that I'm not going to mention here. :) But good stuff... :)

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana: Reminds me of a group of friends I hung around with for awhile in Bryan. Interesting. I like Nirvana.

"Count Your Many Blessings" & "Trust and Obey": old hymns that remind me of my mom, she used to sing them to us when we were kids and couldn't sleep. Or even when we could sleep! She has a great alto voice. Mmmmmm. Warm fuzzies just thinking about it.

"Let's all kiss like the fishies kiss": o.k. it's an old song my dad and I sang. We sang it in bible class and you have to make a fish face when you sing it. It's fun! :) Trust me on this one. ;)

1 comment:

rambouillet said...

I knew I would get that wrong... whatever... it's a great song! ;) I'll buy you a coke anyway! It's a date! Where will we terrorize next?