Thursday, October 13, 2005

Can I Get a "What What'"

Last night I spent the evening with the "Cool Folks" as deemed in an earlier post. The crew of coolness consisted of Mark's parents (yeah, I totally wrote his name out cause we're OFFICIAL and he's my boyfriend now... wow, I'm SO middle school right now but I'm cool with that), Mark, Ed (Mark's hysterical friend), and me. Mrs. Williams and I cleaned up the dishes left over from supper and talked for awhile. Ed and Mr. Williams watched the previous weeks Rowlett football game.

When the dishwasher was loaded and the game was over we all sat around the living room and shot the bull. But don't you think Mr. Williams didn't forget to make a pot of coffee and don't you think he didn't offer me a cup! He gave it to me in a "Texas A&M DAD" mug. "Can you drink out of an A&M mug?" he asked me. "Sure I can. My Dad's an Aggie!"

It wasn't too long before Dave, a guy who helps head up Young Life in the area, came to the house and Mark, Dave and Ed went in the back yard to have a meeting.

So, the Williams and I talked for awhile. Mr. Williams and I talked about guns. Yeah. I'm a lunatic. What girl sits around with the guy she's dating Dad (can't say boyfriend yet... this was the pre-boyfriend talk! HA!) and talks about guns?!? He has a militia at his house. I wanted to ask to see but was afriad that he might really think I was crazy.

Oh. Funny story. After the first time I met the Williams, I guess Mark asked his Dad what he thought about me and his Dad said I was, and I quote, "Salty." Yeah. Salty. Mark says this is a good thing (coming from his dad). Interpretation of the word salty: I can hold my own. At least I think that's what I understand it to mean... it cracks me up. I'm going to make a t-shirt that says "Salty" on it. Anyway.

We talked about my job and what or where it is I think I'm doing or where I'm going. Mr. Williams was a real encouragement. "You just shoot for the moon and know that you can do anything and that you're the best at it and that's not being boastful, it's just what you have to do to get there." Much like what my Dad has always said... just a little different verbage.

I really, really, really enjoy their company.

Poor Mrs. Williams was so tired and her allergies were killing her. She had been up early and didn't get good rest the night before. I think we were all a little beat. I really enjoyed getting to hear their stories about them trying to make some extra money by sewing restuarant uniforms when they were newlyweds. They even shared some about taking care of Mr. William's parents this past year.

Well, the guys concluded their meeting and Dave left. The original cool crew sat around and talked for a little longer and then Ed, Mark and I headed over to the other house to enjoy one another's company a little longer. :)

It was a great evening. Super fabulous. I just feel at home over there as I'm sure most people who go to their house do. It's just a great place to be.

No comments: