Thursday, August 25, 2005

Collective Soul

So Tuesday night I went to a Collective Soul concert at the Granada. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! And that's putting it mildly. My friend Leslie called me Monday night and told me she hung out with two of the band members (Ryan, the drummer and Dean, rhythm guitarist) on Sunday night. She was entertaining two co-workers that were in town from Montreal on business and met them... how crazy is that. Long story short, they told her to come to the concert, bring some friends and meet them backstage afterwards. So she asked me to go (and I'm so glad she thought of me because I LOVE Collective Soul... they rock my face off!!!!)

We were SO VIP. After a few minor complications, we were able to get in and were about 15 feet from the stage. The Granada is a pretty intimate setting anyway, great venue for a concert. Tony (one of CS's roadies) walked us in the door and found us a great spot to the left of the stage. He even got us drinks... we didn't have to pay for a thing! We were instructed to wait out back after the concert for Dean. The concert itself was SO COOL... yeah, I just can't even tell you... it was SO much fun!

At the conclusion of the concert, we went out back as instructed and waited on the hood of Leslie's car and talked with Tony. Ryan came out and talked with us for a little while, told us Dean would be out shortly. We took a quick pic with Ryan (which I don't have, Leslie does... Tony couldn't operate my camera). Will, the bass guitarist came out and talked with us for awhile. He is a hoot. And hot... yeah. He's hot... let me just reiterate the fact that the man is hot. Anyway, we shot the bull with him for awhile and before he took off he says to us, "So, what's the word? Are we hanging out later or what?" So did all of you get that... the hottie bass guitarist from Collective Soul asked us if we were gonna hang out with them. YEAH. So, despite my urge to scream, "HECK YES!" to him, I played it cool. Before he left, he made sure to let us know he would "be back around." Dean came out shortly and upon seeing Leslie gave her a huge hug. All of the guys were really nice and had good firm hand shakes... always a good thing. Anyway, he introduced himself. We all talked for awhile... wow. It was crazy... we were hanging out in the parking lot with Collective Soul. Are you kidding me? Anyway, Dean invited us to hang out with them at the bar next door and then go to their huge after party at a place downtown. He was all about Leslie (gee, wonder what he was really after? hmmmm...) By the way, this is the same Leslie that's in the pictures from the Fogo de Chao post... super cute and such a hottie. Oh! How could I forget? When Dean said he would meet up with us at the Havana, he kissed me on the cheek goodbye, saying it was a pleasure to meet me.

We went next door with the crew for a little while but it was already so late and we both had to be at work today. However, at the bar, Leslie and I were sitting there talking to Tony (which by the end of the evening I think he wanted to marry me) and Will (the HOTTIE) comes in and makes a bee-line for us. I'm sitting on a barstool and he comes over to order a drink. He leans against the bar looks me in the eye and says, "I'm feeling especially evil tonight." Now I have to confess that the first thought that came to my mind was not one of pure and holy intent. What I wanted to do was say... well... I won't tell you, but I wanted to say it and then shoot him a look that would make a sailor think twice. But alas, I did not.

So, Leslie and I left shortly after. We did not go to the huge after party, even though it would have been cool to say we did. We can say that we did get personal invites from three of the band members though. I think that it was wise to have left when we did. I have plenty of self-control... but usually it's best to stay out of the fire all together. I got home and was in bed around 2 am. At work by 9 am.

Below are pics from the concert. Some turned out better than others... but some of them are kind of artsy. I think they're allright. Disappointed though. As good as my new camera is, I should have waited and got the Canon. Dang it. DANG IT. You can't beat a Canon...

4 comments:

GreatBeefalo said...

T'aint no pics here, woman! Not that I care since Ive seen them and all. Nyah Nyah.

I wouldve gone, but I had to flush out my colon. serious business, you know. Like changing your oil, needs to be done on a regular basis.

and I bet at least one person thinks Im serious.

rambouillet said...

dude, I don't know why the pics didn't post... I'll have to try for the 50th time (not even joking) later

ARG!

rambouillet said...

:) They ROCK!!!!!! It was so much fun.... I'll try to post the pics again...

And Will is such a hottie. :)

Demosthenes said...

Did you still want to know where your name was revealed? Not sure you wanted it done in a comment. I found the post it was in.