Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Have no Fear, your Double-D Leader is Here!

Are only boob-less women supposed to be leading the church? Holy cow. Is there a book chapter and verse on that one?

So I get this email from a friend of mine. She's much older. Has kids my age. She tells me in this email that I may need to "disguise my boobs" being that I'm in a position of leadership now. Excuse me? Disguise my boobs? If I was walking around with cleavage hangin' out all the time I can see where this might be coming from... but when I don't I don't see where this is coming from. Are you serious!?!?!?! So if I'm just sitting in the pew doing nothing, I can have all the boobs I want, but when you start getting active (no pun intended) then you have to schedule breast reduction surgery? This chaps my hide and burns my biscuits. Even better, steams my clams. What am I supposed to do? Cut them off? I've talked to three different people, people I KNOW would tell me if I needed to make a change. People who would tell me to go change clothes. My brother wouldn't be seen in public with me and he WOULD tell me to change if I was wearing anything inappropriate. What in the world!?!?!

Maybe if that idiot would get his head out of the gutter he wouldn't have made such disgusting comment. Unprovoked. We were just standing there and he said it... what in the world? Are you kidding me?!?!?! He's 33! Grow up pervert! "Well, if you had been wearing a different blouse, maybe he wouldn't have said such a thing." I WAS WEARING A T-SHIRT. Maybe it didn't have anything to do with me! Maybe it was his vile mind. Have you heard the rest of what he says and does all the time? And he's supposed to be my partner in ministry! Why? Why? Why?

Good grief.

3 comments:

GreatBeefalo said...

Femininity?! in the CHURCH?! Are you MAD?!

dont worry, that prick deserved the Smiting Backhand of Justice. I wouldve done it if I had been standing there; course, that makes me one of 5 men in the US who gives a crap now.

Demosthenes said...

Maybe I missed something, but the post started off being upset with an older friend who emailed you and then eneded with a somewhat inappropriate comment made by your co-minister?

I think it wouldn't necessarily be wrong if an older woman approached you about something like that. I mean ridiculous or not, you at least have to appreciate that it was being done discreetly (via email) and by an older woman.

As a young single guy, I would never say anything like that to one of the teen girls though they quite often need something said. So instead, I just mention it to their moms or better yet dads, or if both are unavailable, I know several really well-respected ladies here at Church that I can call on to pull them aside quietly.

rambouillet said...

Demo - no, I was not upset with her... just frustrated cause I don't know where this is coming from. And about the co-director, he made a derogatory comment intentionally, out of no where, after a meeting one night for who knows why and my friend told me that if I had been wearing something different it could have been avoided. Well, I was wearing a t-shirt. So, it's just a mess.