Friday, August 19, 2005

I'm so tired of the friggin' north Dallas attitude. Tired of it. I don't care how much money you make, you that doesn't give you the right to treat people like crap. And I don't care if you wear Gucci or Prada or whatever other name brand or shop at Neiman's or Lord and Taylor or wherever else... get over yourself. I hate materialism. And I work with all these ladies who are obsessed with it and I find myself some days being so overwhelmed by it that I feel the need to give in because I don't feel pretty enough... I already didn't feel like enough because of J and now there's this. E is a body builder and N is a millionaire... good grief. Like my self-esteem needed this? I hate Satan.

My bro and I are standing in the kitchen the other day, I'm making enchiladas and he says to me, "There should be no reason you struggle with self-esteem."

???????

And I feel like crap. Why does this have to be such a struggle? The desire to be wanted or to be desired? I don't want to be because of what I wear or drive... God forbid it... but because of who I am and what type of spirit I exude.

?????????

O.k. you guys are going to be tired of my emotional vomit. I'm sorry. But this week has been crazy and I got an email from The Idiot due to a situation and it pissed me off. The fact that he took the time to type out my name enrages me. Anyway...

And I wouldn't be thinking so much about any of this except that tonight I'm going out to eat with a bunch of fabulous ladies from church. We're getting decked to the 9's and going to eat at this really nice place. We've had it planned for two months (maybe longer) so I've saved up. And E comes in the office earlier and makes a comment about my body and it just blew my whole day... I know it's dumb. It's really dumb but I could have melted into the floor because of what my boss said afterward. Good grief people. So I'm trying to think positive but it's hard. It's just really frustrating... I bought this dress to wear and now I'm debating on even wearing it because of what she said... I could cry. It's so stupid. Thanks E. We know you're perfect, do you have to make the rest of us feel like we're not because we know it. My ex made sure to let me know. Thanks. Thank you very much.

5 comments:

Scott said...

I HATED North Dallas for the very reasons you have articulated. Gimme a break - their lives are pathetic. When I went back to Dallas for a visit after moving to Honolulu, I was BLOWN AWAY by how much I had forgotten of the N Dallas pursuit.

This is why we LOVED living in Oak Lawn. Say what you want about the homosexual comunity, but we found them to be the most accepting, nonpretentious, and often most forgiving bunch of people we met in Dallas.

Bee quoted Lawrence J. Crabb, Jr., so I'll quote someone a little less esoteric (wink, Bee). Howard Jones put this song on only one rare release, and it's one of my favorite songs of all time...

Don't chop off his head
To make yourself look tall
Don't tear a strip off
To make yourself feel wonderful
Who wants to compare
As if this was a competition
Leave that to teachers at school
Must preserve their tradition

(Chorus)
'Bout time you realized
You are a specialty
There is no one like you
Spend your life worrying
'Bout what you could have been
Can't you like being you?

Don't need a scalp
Don't need to be a juror
Take care of yourself
No need to feel so insecure
Waste of energy
To prove a holier than him
Waste of energy
To find out who commits what sin

Demosthenes said...

Is E. the same fellow minister who made a derogatory comment about your chest earlier? If so this sounds like a VERY bad pattern on his part and should be reported to a trusted Elder IMMEDIATELY. It's borderline sexual harrassment.

Scott said...

Demo's right. This sounds like it crosses the line.

rambouillet said...

E is a woman, a co-worker, not asscociated with the church. However, if the fellow director keeps up his stuff, I will approach an elder. I have already talked to a trusted couple about it. That is a whole other issue and grief in itself. It seems I can't win for losing. I would appreciate your prayers on this matter greatly. Satan does not need any sort of foothold in the leadership of the singles ministry and he is trying to getting any foot in the door possible.

I really appreciate and cherish all of your support... y'all are great.

GreatBeefalo said...

I know, North Dallas is a convoluted place. Especially when I have to deliver cakes to all these ritsy restaurants--really gives a blaring reminder of how petty these folks are. We're in TEXAS! Act like Texans!

as for E, I think all that vomiting has affected her neural tubing.