Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Take Me On a Gondola

My bro and I went to Williams Square yesterday in Las Colinas, walked around for awhile. Vented. Walked. Vented some more. In the midst of our wonderful conversation (because they always are) I noticed in the canal a boat with a man standing in back rowing it and not only that but two people inside as well. It was a real live, genuine gondola! Wow. I've only ever seen those in the movies (like in Indiana Jones). I've been thinking about how cool it was all day today. I know. I know. I'm crazy. But it was SOOOOOOOOOOOO romantic, being that we're in the city and all. The sun was setting, there was a slight breeze. Ahh... It was so cool. So, as a tribute to the gondola, here's a little ditty I wrote (to be sung to the tune of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"):

Take me on a gondola
let's float down the canal,
I don't care how much we have to pay
the money won't matter a week from today!

Just look deep into my green eyes,
are they not convincing enough?
Can't you see, that, it's meant to be
you and me, in a gondola!

O.k., so the last line is a little tricky... but it works. It works.

5 comments:

Scott said...

Boy, the canal must've changed since I last saw it. I am forced to imagine a gondola cutting trough the mass of bloat-floating nutria bodies.

rambouillet said...

Hmmm... how romantic, the bloated decaying bodies of nutrias making hollow noises as they hit the sides of the boat while it glides through the stinking water...

No. It wasn't quite like that. :) Much more romantic. Ah... I shall think of it again today while sitting at my pathetic desk at work. Gondolas without nutrias.

rambouillet said...

You don't think Harry Carey would sing the Gondola song?

I think I'm hurt.

rambouillet said...

I've decided... I am hurt.

*sniff*

GreatBeefalo said...

hahahah scott--bloated nutrias....thats stinkin funny! That way, you can eat them and save money on the Italian meatballs!

Personally, I thought the gondola wouldve been more exciting with the Indiana Jones theme. More giant rolling rocks and German spies and such.