Thursday, August 04, 2005

Spiritually Scrumptious

I had lunch today with a lady I've known since middle school. Oddly enough, our paths have crossed here in the metroplex in the singles group at PC. How funny! Her and her husband are interested in working with the singles and her daughter (who is my age, we were in the youth group together years ago) is in the group I'm leading here as well.

She wanted to hear about my story and I just wanted to bask in her presence for awhile. We started out (before we even sat down to the table) and the tears began to well up... so we prayed we wouldn't cry. And lo and behold... we didn't. For two hours we talked about our deepest hurts... and didn't shed a tear. It was wonderful... discussing spiritual warfare and looking back on our lives and seeing how we have been so deceived by the Great Deceiver; how we have overcome in spite of it with the help of the Almighty and not only that but come out better for it, pain and all.

We had shrimp and fruit (an odd combination I thought at first) but it was terribly wonderful to the palate! I wish, now back at my desk, that I had some more!

Blessings... we finished our lunch with a prayer of thankfulness... and then we cried... tears of joy.

He is good. God is SO good.

And I just wanted to share his goodness with you.

No comments: