Friday, September 16, 2005

Counting my Blessings

* money enough to pay bills, even if it's by the skin of my teeth
* superb family
* at least two real friends, who fill me up when I'm empty as opposed to taking when
they know I'm running on empty
* a roof over my head
* excellent family
* a God, who, despite my daily failures, despite my bullheadedness: continually and freely gives me mercy and grace; who loves/ed me enough to send his one and only son to die on a cross... to redeem me, to make me righteous, to bring me into His holiness, to call me home to Him
* a refrigerator
* the fact that I'm literate
* the fact that I'm healthy, that I'm not handicapped in anyway physically
* the ability to worship freely in this country without fear of molestation by the government
* my dog
* Dr. Pepper!
* the ability to think, reason, and discern for myself
* my Jeep
* my job
* my roommate
* the weather today
* the pen I enjoy writing with at work
* the people I visit with at Office Depot
* writing in my journal/s
* Prestoncrest
* the new people in my life recently
* my blogging buddies :)
* the opportunity to coach the volleyball team
* the girls on the team - each of them is a blessing, their smiles, their laughter, their "Ah ha!" moments... it's awesome
* seeing the guys at PC start to take initiative and step up to the plate... see them thinking about taking on some leadership

and the list goes on and on and on...

what are some of your blessings?

1 comment:

rambouillet said...

this would DEFINTELY be a blessing, especially if you don't have any Immodium. :D