Friday, September 23, 2005

Pigskin Smigskin - the uncles are going down!

So every year (as mentioned on Karalynz's blog) my Dad's side of the family gets together for Thanksgiving (my FAVORITE holiday) and we play us some football. There's a football field (where the Lohn Eagles play 6 man every year) near my great grandmother's house and we'll head out there (a whole 25 steps from the house) and get our pigskin on.

Here's how we split the teams: My Dad has four living brothers (Tim isn't with us anymore) and they will all team up. All of the cousins (the brother's children) will team up. There's usually a few second cousins around and so we'll split them up according to how many people we have on the teams thus far.

EVERY YEAR the cousins get tromped. Why is this? We're playing against 40 year olds!!!! For crying out loud!?!?! What's our problem?

So, I have (like Karalynz) come up with a game plan. I will be sending the cousins play-books. STUDY HARD fellow cousins, STUDY HARD because this year WILL be different. We will not be defeated!!!! We will not leave the field in shame!!!!

2 comments:

rambouillet said...

Jasmine told you WHAT!?!?!? Trecherous traitor!

You just wait, old man... Bring your back brace!

Demosthenes said...

I will expect nothing less than full media coverage on this game from both your blogs!