Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Meet You on the Mountain...

The most beautiful picture of a Godly relationship is captured within Song of Solomon. I didn't think so until I watched a series by Tommy Nelson. It has taken on a whole new meaning. Lots of things have.

I was thinking about leaving my parents at the airport on Monday. It sucked. It was terrible. I had this longing to be small enough to be picked up in my Dad's arms and carried home again. I wanted my Mom to cradle me and tell me everything was going to be o.k. I wanted to be held like a little child and sung to. I longed to be a child again. I longed for the innocence of youth. When walking up the stairs to security I wanted to cry out... not that it would have done any good... but I wanted to. I wanted to go home and stay there for a very long time.

I am thankful that I have parents who have demonstrated what a Godly relationship ought to be. Not that they are in any way perfect... but I tell you what: my Dad loves my Mom; no doubts about that. And my Mom loves my Dad. And it's evident in all that they do.

Maybe one day Tirzah, the dove, the Lilly of the Valley, will emerge from the clefts of the rock and her Solomon will be standing there, open arms beckoning her, flaws and all. And she will go to him, she will go to him, unafraid and unabashed. She will go to him, out of the darkness and into the light of his love. They will meet each other on the mountainside. And it will be so beautiful, it will be so touching and so magnificent that it will take their breath away.

Lover
14 My dove in the clefts of the rock,
in the hiding places on the mountainside,
show me your face,
let me hear your voice;
for your voice is sweet,
and your face is lovely.
15 Catch for us the foxes,
the little foxes
that ruin the vineyards,
our vineyards that are in bloom.

Beloved
16 My lover is mine and I am his;
he browses among the lilies.
17 Until the day breaks
and the shadows flee,
turn, my lover,
and be like a gazelle
or like a young stag
on the rugged hills.



1 comment:

rambouillet said...

Bee - thank you.

Writer - I remember that day... :)