Wednesday, September 28, 2005

How Now Brown Cow?




Once a month we drive from Addison to Fort Worth for a Wednesday luncheon. It's a guild luncheon. We go to network (at least we're supposed to). Today's luncheon was a designated progressive lunch. We went from a local hotel in the Fort Worth Stockyards, to Billy Bob's to a wedding chapel/reception hall.

Upon arriving at the stockyards at 11:30 am, my boss dropped Tracy and I off so that we could stand on the sidewalk and see the daily cattle drive through the streets! And I'm glad I had my camera. (Yes, I was the dork taking pictures.) I had no clue they ran a few steer through the streets everyday at 11:30 am and 4:00 pm. It was pretty cool.

While we were standing there, we met an interesting fellow. He had his own steer, name of Shiloh. He was a really cute steer, had really gentle eyes. I know, I know... I'm crazy, but if your Dad talked about cows (and made analogies regarding your dating life involving bulls & heifers) all the time you'd appreciate them too.

Anyway, it was cool. It was nice to get out of the office and see some sights. The blisters on my feet from wearing heels aren't so great, but I wanted to share the pics with y'all. I figure sharing pics is better than sharing blisters, right?

6 comments:

marrie said...

That looks so fun!

rambouillet said...

Yes, you can TOTALLY come as my date Discom!

Marrie - it was a TON of fun! It's things like this that make me love Texas even more than I already do.

Ben O. said...

Longhorns are cool (the cows, not the football fans - Gig'em Aggies!)

Been awhile since I was in Ft. Worth.

Nice site - Ben O.

rambouillet said...

Ben - WHOOP!!!! I happen to be wearing an A&M shirt today... Gig 'em Ags!

And thanks for the kudos on the site!

GreatBeefalo said...

Stockyards?! You git! Did you buy a hat?! You shouldve bought some hats!

rambouillet said...

Beef - I WANTED to buy a hat! But couldn't for lack of money.