Monday, September 19, 2005

An evening with some cool folks...

So this weekend my friend Lori and I went to M's parent's house to visit with them and his bro Seth and Seth's roommate Clint. Needless to say it was tons of fun! Wasn't expecting to have steak and mashed potatoes... but it was some of the best steak I've had in a LONG time. Muy bueno. It was great to see how M and S interacted with their parents, how his parent's interacted together, how M interacted with his Mom, etc.

After Lori and M and I helped with the dinner fixin's we all sat down to eat. Clint prayed for us (he's such a doll) and we all ate and talked and enjoyed one another's company. It was great!

After dinner, Lori, Mr. Williams and I sat around the table (Mr. Williams and I with our delicous coffee) and talked for a good while. Once again, it was great. I can't re-iterate enough how great it was.

When we left the house that night, Lori commented that she felt like they were kind of like family... it was that cool. I have to say I felt the same way.

It was really nice. I hadn't felt that way since I've been in Dallas and it was neat. It's always nice to be surrounded by a great group of Godly people.

All in all, I probably only said 10 words to M the entire evening! We made the salad together, but we spent most of our time visiting with everyone else. He walked Lori and I out to the car and we talked then... but I didn't think about how little time we actually spent together until until later. I thought that was kinda cool (being that it was the first time I'd been to his parent's house).

Anyway, just wanted to share some of the weekend's events. It was great.

Have I mentioned that it was great yet?

Fabulous even?

Stupendous!

Marvelous!!

Supercalfrajalisticexpealidoucious even!!!

It was really cool.

2 comments:

rambouillet said...

Nope, not at all. ;)

rambouillet said...

Mary Poppins is SO cool.