Thursday, September 15, 2005

Words of Affirmation

I think my primary love language is words of affirmation. Here's why I've come to that conclusion: this week I've noticed that on several occasions mere words have brought me to elation. Elation. Here are a few examples.

* Upon walking into the gym for volleyball practice with the girls on Tuesday, several of them screamed, "LAURA!!" My heart almost couldn't contain itself.

* Yesterday I was talking to M in the parking lot and he said, "I could stand here and talk to you all night." It was the first thing I thought about this morning.

* I also received a text message yesterday that said, "You are amazing." !!!!!!!!!! I could live off of that one statement for a month.

That kind of stuff fills my love tank. And I don't think we did it much in our family growing up... the wordy kind of stuff I mean. And we weren't so touchy either. So, I think if I were to rank my love languages (why I'm doing this right now, I'm not sure... I've been trying to figure this out for awhile though) they would go something like this:

1. Words of affirmation
2. Gifts
3. Physical touch
4. Acts of Service
5. Time

Now, that's someone else filling up my love tank. When I choose to fill up someone else's, I don't necessarily fill them up the same way I choose to be filled. It goes something like this:

1. Acts of service
2. Physical touch
3. Gifts/words of affirmation
4. Time

I feel like some of these kind of melt together. Anyway, this is a weird post. But I was drifting away while sitting here at my desk... thinking about all sorts of good things. Just thinking... and this is just some of what I thought of.

I know I haven't posted in awhile... been writing in my journal alot in the past two weeks. Personal things... too personal for you guys! Even if you do know my name now Discom! ;)

2 comments:

Demosthenes said...

Well how about, you're a good writer with an interesting life that I enjoy reading about? Affirmative? I also enjoy your thoughts on my posts as well. Intelligent and insightful.

rambouillet said...

Ha! I can't figure out if you guys are serious or not... or why this post evoked these comments...

but thanks! I appreciate it! I enjoy y'all as well!