Saturday, September 10, 2005

Doin' Life

So last night I was supposed to have dinner at this really cool place in Plano with some friends. Really, I only wanted to see two of the people that were supposed to be there, but no matter. It was a belated birthday party. I got to work... everyone had decided to bail. We've had this planned for two weeks!!! Oh, well. I get home (work was an absolute nightmare) and my good friend M called and to make a long story short we decided I'd go to his place and have dinner and watch a movie to celebrate my birthday... cause I still haven't really celebrated. Well, I'm on my way to his place (which takes an hour to get to) and he calls me to say that his bro in B/CS who is having a tough time right now called and suggested we come to see him for the weekend. He just needed some company. Fine with me! I love B/CS. These are good guys... haven't known them too long but know by their hearts and actions to know them well enough to know that their are excellent men of stature and moral character. They are men of God.

So, I turned around, went home to pack a few things. M showed up, we picked up some grub from Wendy's and set out to B/CS at around 10:00 pm. We talked the entire way down. It was so cool. This may seem like a strange statement but after the week I had I just really had a longing to sit and talk with M. And I had been praying for the opportunity to do so. Just to talk. Boy did we ever get the opportunity. And it was awesome. God has a funny way of bringing things about though doesn't He? He cracks me up...

We arrived at his bro, Seth's house and got the grand tour and met all the roommates (who are all characters!) Rocky, being the gentleman he is, let me sleep in his room which very luckily has an adjoining bathroom. :) Good thing cause I wasn't so sure about M seeing me with no make-up yet. HA! We went to bed at around 3 am and got up at around 9. I didn't sleep well at all. Too much on my mind. Exciting things though. Not like the rest of the week.

This morning Clint, Sean and I went to Kroger to pick up some pancake mix, milk, orange juice, bananas (for Clint's special "Nana pancakes"), sausage, and syrup. On the way there we had an excellent discussion about what church is and who is the church and whatnot. I was shocked at these boy's (I say boys, but they're 22 year old men) maturity. Clint was raised C of C but doesn't attend one anymore. Won't go into the story. But he believes in the necessity of baptism. He has such an understanding of the scripture. The three of us had the most amazing discussion about labels of "Baptist" and "church of Christ" and "non-denominational." It was so enriching. And very encouraging because it made me feel better about where the Church is headed.

I made pancakes for the crew of six. Rocky helped with the sausage. We all sat around the table and grubbed. It was awesome. Seth said the prayer and it was a good prayer... I cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom when we were finished eating. M helped with the dishes.

Clint told me this morning that they weren't going to let me go home. That's fine by me. Fine by me. I told Clint I'm going to adopt him. We just need to get the papers signed... ;)

Took a nap on the couch while the guys watched football. Am blogging now. My heart is full. We're just doin' life this weekend. Just doin' life... and I'm lovin' it. Every minute... every second just soakin' it in.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Discussions about "Church of Christ and nondenominational Christianity" depress me - just because I prefer to be identified with the latter.

Glad that it was a good conversation, though - perhaps there is hope.

The "wor-verification system" wants me to type the word "sirpdiddy". Since when was "P-Diddy" knighted by the queen? I thought he changed his name, anyway ;-)

rambouillet said...

Scott, there is hope... it's not a matter of perhaps. There IS.

I think P-Diddy was knighted last week sometime maybe? Didn't get much media coverage for some reason... ;)

rambouillet said...

Can I just say that this was THE BEST WEEKEND EVER!?!?!?!

Yeah. It really was.